Wednesday 1 June 2016

Mac Snob Dupe?

MAC SNOB DUPE!

I got Mac 'Snob' for my birthday and when I opened it and tried it on, I realised that I already had something like this in my collection, and that was Topshop's lipstick in 'Innocent'.



Topshop 'Innocent' packaging (sorry its a bit old)



Mac 'Snob'




Topshop lipstick

Topshop swatch


Mac Lipstick

Mac swatch

The swatches were pretty similar, however Mac 'snob' was slightly more purple than the Topshop lippie. In real life, however, the shades were more similar than it shows in the photos.




These are all topshop 'Innocent"



These are all Mac 'Snob'

I found that Topshops lipstick went on a lot smoother, which was surprising! The Mac one pulled on my lips. I don't know if this was because I have had the Topshop one for longer, but I actually prefer the Topshop one in that aspect.

The colours may be dupes for each other, but the finishes are slightly different. The Mac lippie is more opaque and pigmented and only takes 1 or 2 coats, whereas the Topshop lipstick is more sheer, and takes about 2 or 3 coats. Also the Topshop one is a glossy finish, quite like a cremesheen in a way, and 'Snob' is a satin.



Each lipstick on their respective side

Swatches of each lipstick on their respective side 

On the hand, they look like 2 completely different lipsticks, but on the lips, however, they both look the same.

I also found that 'Snob' was more long-lasting, as it wasn't as glossy, and it survived me drinking, whereas 'Innocent' didn't.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I love both of these lipsticks and I wear them both regularly. 


Buy Innocent here: http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/lips-in-innocent-21711

Buy Snob here: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13854/310/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick#/shade/Snob

xoxo, 
Izzy 






























No comments:

Post a Comment